Todd J. Juvinall

I Miss my Husband very much! Todd was simply all about loving God, County, Family and People. My love , My husband is with Jesus in Heaven. He enjoyed communicating with each of you on Sierra Dragon's Breath. Todd was a Great, Loving, Kind man and will be Missed. Love you honey! Till wee meet again.

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Serbian General, Genocide and Justice

The BBC reports "former Bosnian Serb army chief Ratko Mladic knows he will be transferred to a UN war crimes tribunal in The Hague", well yeah.  This man was responsible for the murders of over 8,000 men, women and children during the civil wars in the Balkans during the 90's.  The people he murdered were Muslims.  HERE is the full article.

The wars in that region spurred President Clinton to send help along with NATO, to try and prevent genocide.  For many people on both sides though, the help was too late.  I was a supporter of western intervention to stop the killing.  There was a movie made in 1998 starring Dennis Quaid called Savior.  I watched it once and that was it for me.  If you want to see a example of the Balkans insanity, rent it. You may get a sleepless night or two.  The worst part to me was the use of a sledgehammer and the treatment of a Muslim woman by her peers.  I still think about the horrific things people can do to each other.

So Ratko is headed to the Hague for justice.  What I find fascinating about all this though is the silence of the Muslim leaders in thanking America, NATO and even President Clinton for stopping further genocide against their brethren.  Why can't they say the West did the right thing?  The scumbags of Al-Queda came to America five years after the end of hostilities and blew up 3,000 of our fellow citizens.  This was the payback I guess and I have yet to see any press releases form Iran, Syria, Saudi Arabia and the rest thanking America and condemning the terrorists.  If there are some I apologize in advance. HERE is another BBC article on the some Bosnian folks reaction and a list of war deaths to all party's.

The Western nations have a free press and here we don't threaten to kill people for exercising that right.  Perhaps the Muslim nations need to get on board and allow the same freedoms we do so that people can better understand each other and the different cultures and religions.  Then maybe the Muslim nations will return the favor and protect the Christians in their own countries.  My guess is no, they won;t.  Egypt is burning churches now and has returned to persecuting Christians.  I wish they wouldn't. 

So, the prosecution of Ratko will be the will of the west and for the right reasons.  We are intolerant of genocide, no matter who does it.  I would like to see the Muslim countries preach the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real name thank you.