Todd J. Juvinall

I Miss my Husband very much! Todd was simply all about loving God, County, Family and People. My love , My husband is with Jesus in Heaven. He enjoyed communicating with each of you on Sierra Dragon's Breath. Todd was a Great, Loving, Kind man and will be Missed. Love you honey! Till wee meet again.

Friday, March 11, 2011

Updated. Tsunami! My Sister and her Family are OK in Hawaii!


Video is a Japanese video placed on YouTube.  15 minutes long but watch the whole thing.  Terrifying!

The world is a living thing and is always on the move.  Sometimes we experience the move.  Japan got shaken by a 8.9 Richter scale earthquake yesterday and the ensuing tsunami hit their coast soon after.  I watched some of the video's last night and then more this morning.  Terrible devastation! I also just heard there may be as many as 88,000 people unaccounted for.

The tsunami effect is concentric of course since it was created under the ocean out from the coast of Japan.  That meant it was going to travel in all directions and create its devastation in more places around the Pacific.  Well, my sister and her family have a second home in Kona on the big island of Hawaii and I just heard from my mainland sister that she called to let us all know she and the gang were fine.  Their little house is about a mile inland from the ocean and up a couple of hundred feet in elevation.  (On the volcano!)

Sis said they started hearing the tsunami horns at about midnight and the State was telling everyone to evacuate to higher ground who were in possible danger.  She said the horns are still going off periodically. It looks like Hawaii will be OK.

Updated 3/12/2011

I received a email from my sis and all is well in Kona.  She said the waves did damage the marina and sunk some boats.  There was also water in the lobby of one of the mega resorts.  The main street in Kona which runs along the ocean is flooded and still closed. She got little sleep because the horns went off all through he night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real name thank you.