Todd J. Juvinall

I Miss my Husband very much! Todd was simply all about loving God, County, Family and People. My love , My husband is with Jesus in Heaven. He enjoyed communicating with each of you on Sierra Dragon's Breath. Todd was a Great, Loving, Kind man and will be Missed. Love you honey! Till wee meet again.

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

My My My, Should I gloat? Election victories galore!

I stayed up late and tried my best to stay awake waiting for returns.  It was a very good night here and across the country for Republicans.  I followed closely the results in "blue" Wisconsin as they voted "red" and kept Scott Walker and their Lt. Governor.  They kept three Senators of the "red" variety as well.  It appears Wisconsin voters want some people in charge who actually do what they promise.  Here in Nevada County the voters returned Nate Beason and Ed Scofield to the Board of Supervisors.  Both are Republicans but being a non partisan office I see they attracted many votes from the democrats.  Glad to see democrats coming over to vote for Republicans.

Nevada County is part of the larger districts composing Congress and the State Legislature.  I was supporting Doug LaMalfa for Congress and he is in the runoff with a democrat.  I Applaud Sam Aanestad for his campaign and I expect he will be helping Doug defeat the Reed fellow.  Brian Dahle and Tom McClintock along with Ted Gaines also were voted into the finals.  I expect they will win handily and continue the Republican majority from their Districts.

Elections are a great time for me because I love statistics and I enjoy all the debates and strategies used by the candidates.  I think all the people running deserve our thanks regardless of party since it takes courage of self to place yourself and your views out there for all to take pot shots at.  Thanks to Sue McGuire and George Smyrnos for putting themselves in the "kitchen".  Congrats to Tom Anderson and  Richard  Anderson (my childhood dentist was a Richard Anderson too!)  from Truckee.  Having been elected a couple of times myself I would recommend the Crawford Bost strategy and get the heck out of Dodge for a week or two and regroup.  On to November for the finalists and on to Puerto Vallarta for the rest of you true American, brave candidates who finished second. Oh and my old fellow Central Committee Chairman from Calaveras County, Rico Oller, is  in his runoff for the 5th Assembly District.  Go Rico!

Thanks to all of you!

5 comments:

  1. Unless you have run for office, you do not know how tough it is. My election day, you do not even care if you win or not, you just want the process to be over. Yesterday was a great day to be a Republican!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reviewing the votes statewide it appears to me the Redistricting Committee was a total flop. The Sherman/Berman runoff in Socal is the epitome of the waste of time and money the "citizen's" committee used. The process was hijacked by the democrat controller and the state is now even worse off than before it was "fixed". But maybe if the left gets their "super-majority? in November in our Legislature then perhaps when taxes, fees and regulations go out of control maybe, just maybe the folks will see the error of their ways. At least we have Republicans here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are a group of volunteers and starting a new scheme in our community.
    Your site provided us with valuable info to work on.
    You have done a formidable job and our entire community will be thankful to you.
    Also see my web page - website

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you list victories in Nevada County by Nevada County Tea Party backed candidates? Thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not a Tea Party member so perhaps you should visit their website and ask them.

    ReplyDelete

Real name thank you.