Todd J. Juvinall

I Miss my Husband very much! Todd was simply all about loving God, County, Family and People. My love , My husband is with Jesus in Heaven. He enjoyed communicating with each of you on Sierra Dragon's Breath. Todd was a Great, Loving, Kind man and will be Missed. Love you honey! Till wee meet again.

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Sam Elliott turned 68!

I have considered Sam the heir apparent to John Wayne ever since I saw his first movies.  He is a tall, good looking cowboy and he is from Sacramento.  He has a great voice like the Duke had too.  Now he is 68 and I really don't see a young actor that can fill his shoes in the movie world.  Present day actors, and I have felt this way for a long time, do not have the gravitas the likes of Sam and John Wayne have or had.  The present day actors seem to fit into a narrow, wimpish sector and their voices are very forgettable.  Kind of like today's music world.  All the girls sound the same and the guys sound like the girls.

Sam Elliott is a man's man and he usually plays the part.  He did a good job of that in the cult movie "Road House" as a bouncer with a reputation.  Patrick Swayze and he did a great job in the movie and the tall blond female doctor was wonderful.  I just appreciate good actors I guess.  (Having done some theater myself)

I guess Hollywood has settled on a bunch of male cookie cutter type guys who most of time have never shaved or bathed as their attempt to portray a real man.  Sorry Hollywood, it isn't working and your receipts are taking a hit.  We want to see real men like Sam, Wayne, Bruce Lee and Alan Ladd.  All the graphics in all these sci-fi's don't come close to the really good actors skills. 

Happy Birthday Sam!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real name thank you.