Todd J. Juvinall

I Miss my Husband very much! Todd was simply all about loving God, County, Family and People. My love , My husband is with Jesus in Heaven. He enjoyed communicating with each of you on Sierra Dragon's Breath. Todd was a Great, Loving, Kind man and will be Missed. Love you honey! Till wee meet again.

Friday, June 10, 2016

Stent inserted in a artery serving my heart! I bet you liberals thought I did not have one!

I have always been a pretty healthy fellow and I knew my heart was a strong one.  I have tried to gain knowledge about what is going on inside my body by using concentration and other detection procedures.  I do my walks and try and stay in decent shape and have a weight not too big.  214 pounds on my 6-4 frame.  Well, a few weeks ago my doctor said it was time to get a stress test and see what is going on from a scientific standpoint.  I agreed.

I went to the hospital and they had me do the treadmill for seven minutes on a incline.  Get the heart rate up to 130.  Then jump off, lay down and get a sonogram in real time.  Along with a EKG.  So there I was laying there with a gal looking at my heart on a screen I could also see it.  And all those wires of the EKG on my body printing out second by second.  I was a bit winded as I have not run at all for twenty five years.  So Dr. Smith went over it all with me for about twenty minutes and recommended I get a stent for a possible blockage in one of the heart arteries  that he detected.

Circled area is where the stent was placed
I wanted to wait and talk to my doc and so I got a appointment and we discussed it all.  After the views of my doc were complete, I decided to have it done.  So a further appointment had me down to Mercy on a Thursday and they did the deed that day at 11:30 AM.  I was partially under but could hear Dr. Singh the whole time talking with his helpers.  Everyone was nice and from the attitudes, I guessed they had done this procedure many times.  I was given a IV in my left arm and they went into a artery on my right wrist to push the catheter into my heart area.

After about a hour and a half they were done.  I had to stay still of course and thankfully I never had to itch my nose as both arms were immobilized.  The doc put a tiny metal stent in one artery and later showed me the pictures.


Modern medicine is really amazing.  Now my blood flow is experiencing less resistance which may mean I will be around a lot longer to pester liberals.  So get your stress tests done, listen to your doctor and maybe you can live a few more years on this beautiful planet.

8 comments:

  1. Now my blood flow is experiencing less resistance which may mean I will be around a lot longer to pester liberals.

    See.... always a reason to go on living!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're doing well. I don't know about your politics, LOL, but I know you have a heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ron I hope you are well too. You have always been my friend. Politics aside. LOL!

      Delete
  3. Way to go Todd, take no prisoners!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go Todd, take no prisoners!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks I will. Looks like Pelline is back and no one cares. So he is talking to himself again. Poor fellow, no friends and a tall granny home next door now. What is a Marin to do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The most hated former journalist fue will just have the chili and velveta delivered by the small pallet. Good way to get some activity in the dead economic zone of Nevada city. ROFLOL!

      Delete

Real name thank you.